- We believe in the right of every child to a permanent, loving family.
- We believe that adoption is a permanent commitment between the family and the child.
- We believe that every family is unique.
- We believe in meeting both the child's needs and the adoptive family's
needs throughout the adoption process.
- We believe that the adoptive family has both the right and the duty to be actively involved in every step of the adoption process, and to participate fully in all decisions during this process.
- We respect the insights and experiences of veteran adoptive parents.
- We believe in the importance of contact and shared experiences among adoptive parents. We believe in the purpose of adoptive parent support groups.
- We believe that staff and adoptive parents can work together to prepare new families and offer help and support during the post-placement adjustment period.