FEE SCHEDULE AND PAYMENT POLICIES,
Effective until December 31, 2013
- Basic Fees paid over the first six to eight months of the process:
- Non-refundable Application and Pre-adopt Class Fee $400
due upon submission of the application.
- BAAS Administration Fee $1,250
Includes BAAS paperwork and documentation assistance, CIS/Immigration support, assistance with DOJ, FBI and child abuse clearances and consultation with overseas program coordinator. This fee is payable prior to the first homestudy visit.
- Homestudy Fee $3,000
$1,500 payable before the first homestudy visit and $1,500 prior to the fourth visit. Services included in this fee are the four visits by the social worker and requisite number of notarized copies of the final homestudy document per country program.
Country Administrative Fee $500 - $2,500
Includes additional placing agency coordination, on going program support, resource and referral and preparation of all country specific documents. This fee also includes shipping and courier charges via FedEx. This fee is payable prior to the fourth visit.
- China: See China Program Sheet
- Colombia: $2,000
- Ethiopia: $1,000
- India: See India Program Sheet
- Japan: $1000
- Haiti: $1000
- Philippines: $2,500
- South Korea: $1000
- Taiwan: $500
- Alumni Adoption Fee $2,200
For a subsequent adoption. $2,200 payable prior to the first visit. Services included in this fee are two visits by your social worker and requisite number of copies of the final alumni homestudy document per country program. BAAS Administrative Fee and Country Administrative Fee also apply. Each additional homestudy visit as required is $500.
Homestudy Update Fees - $800:
- The Homestudy update fee is required to update a homestudy for any reason. Including but not limited to: Extending your USCIS approval to reflect that you are open to a child with special needs, to change the age range of a child you are open to, to reflect a significant change to the household, or to reflect a change in residence.
Post Adoption Services:
- Basic Post-Placement Supervision $800 (Adopt Abroad – IR3 or IH3)
BAAS requires a 1 month and 6 month visit after returning home to the United States. This fee includes two visits with your social worker, administrative assistance with documents related to post placement and placing agency coordination. Each additional post placement visit as reqired is $400.
- Inter-country Post-Placement Services $2,000 (IR4 or IH4)
If the family needs to finalize the adoption in the U.S. because you have received legal guardianship or if only one parent (of a two parent couple) travels, this fee is paid after you come home with your child and includes four visits with the social worker and the court report as required to finalize in the state of California. This fee also includes documentation assistance related to post placement and placing agency coordination. Each additional post placement visit as reqired is $400.
- Note: If more than one child has been adopted, each child will require an additional report at each visit and may require a court report if needed to finalize the adoption. It will be an additional $200 for each post-placement report and an additional $300 for each court report.
- Re-Adoption Services $500 - $800
If a family elects to re-adopt during one of the post placement visits, the re-adopt fee is $500. If a family has completed all post placement visits, the re-adopt fee is $800, which includes one visit with the social worker and preparation of the court report. This fee also includes documentation assistance needed to file with the court.
Additional fees which MAY apply to specific adoption circumstances:
- New Binder Fee $100
- Older Child Class Fee $200
Required for families adopting a child age 3 years or older.
- Consultation Fee $400
If a family wishes to meet with a social worker prior to starting the homestudy to explore family adoption, medical, legal or other issues.
- Additional Post Placement Visit Fee $400
Certain countries (i.e. Russia, China, Colombia, Ukraine, and India) require additional post-placement visits depending on the placing agency.
- Non-English Speaker Fee $400
Extra time with the social worker and additional time spent by staff to process paperwork for Applicant(s) who are non-English speaking and need to work with a translator.
- Transfer Client with Homestudy Update $2,000
Families transferring their homestudy from another homestudy agency to BAAS. Services included in this fee are two visits with your social worker and requisite number of copies of an updated homestudy document per country program. BAAS Administrative Fee and Country Administrative Fee also applies. If necessary, each additional homestudy visit is $500.
These requirements and fees are subject to change at any time. In addition, Applicant(s) will have further expenses, such as document fees (to notarize, certify, apostille, authenticate, translate), fees to the overseas program or liaison agency, CIS filing fee, CIS fingerprint fee, passport and photos for family and child, and travel expenses for family (air and hotel).
*Hague Countries currently include:
For a complete list of Hague Countries, please visit: